Carrot Cake / Cream Cheese Frosting
1 ¼ cups brown sugar
¾ cup vegetable oil
1 ½ cups plain flour
1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon ground ginger
2 ½ cups grated carrot
½ cup chopped pecan nuts (optional)
½ cup sultanas
- Preheat oven to 180C (350F).
- Place the sugar and oil in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the eggs gradually and beat well.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and ginger over the sugar mixture.
- Add the carrot, pecans, and sultanas and mix until just combined.
- Pour the mixture into a greased 22 cm round cake tin lined with non-stick baking paper and bake for 55-60 minutes or until cooked when tested with a skewer.
- Serve the cake warm or cool completely and spread with cream cheese frosting.
Cream Cheese Frosting
Process 250g softened cream cheese in a food processor until smooth. Add 1/3 cup sifted icing sugar and 1 ½ tablespoons lemon juice and process until smooth.
*Gift from our neighbour~